Cosmetic tattooing, also referred to as permanent makeup, micropigmentation and dermagraphics is the process of implanting color pigment beneath the surface of the skin by use of a hand held manual tool known as Microblading or a small motorized pen-style machine. Cosmetic tattoos are excellent for those who desire a soft natural enhancement to their appearance. Our goal at Swoon is to create that "no make-up, make-up look" where we compliment your natural beauty by adding subtle color and depth to your facial features. Specifically to eyebrows that may be sparse, uneven or over plucked, and eyes to create the illusion of a thicker, darker lash line. The pigments we use are manufactured using the highest quality colorants available in the industry, resulting in excellent color retention and superior results. The pigments contain iron oxide that is already present in the human body making them the safest pigments to use. We use completely hygienic disposable one-use parts including all needles, hand tools, blades, caps, casings – anything that comes into contact with our clients are brand new and sealed prior to their procedures. Our salon is clean, hygienic and is in compliance with The Safe Body Art Act of Los Angeles County.
The cosmetic tattoo process starts with a consultation either in person or by phone, the procedure appointment - including the design of the look you are after, applying topical anesthetics for your comfort, the application of the pigment, and going over aftercare and healing.
At least one touch up visit is recommended to evaluate the healed results and color retention, and for perfecting the design and color. Touch-up appointments are scheduled 4-10 weeks after the initial visit and are not available anytime before 4 weeks time has passed as your skin needs time to heal.
Please be prepared for the color intensity of your procedure to be significantly darker and brighter than what is expected for the final outcome. As your skin exfoliates during the healing process, the color will soften and fade, especially within the first month when you will lose approximately 20-40% of color. While the cosmetic tattoo procedures are considered permanent and may initially appear the exact color and tone desired, over time the color will fade due to aging of the tattoo, health and/or environmental factors and color retouching may be nessecary after 1 year.
- Do not work out the day of or the day after the procedure.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and especially sunburn 3 days before your procedure.
- Avoid plucking, waxing, threading or any hair removal services within 3 days of your procedure.
- Do not drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do not take blood thinning medications (unless medically necessary) including Aspirin, Niacin, Ibuprofen, (Tylenol is okay) Vitamin E or Omega-3, 48 hours prior to the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Let us know if you are on Accutane, Antibiotics or Proactive.
- It is best to not schedule appointment during your menstrual cycle week.
- Botox procedures need to be done 3 weeks prior to or after the procedure.
- After your appointment we will go over in detail the appropriate after care for your new permanent cosmetic tattoo. You will also be given an after care sheet to take home with you.
- You may have slight redness and swelling the first 24-48 hours. The area may feel like a sunburn the first day or two but the pain will be very minimal overall.
- You will be applying a very small amount of ointment on your cosmetic tattoo 3-5 times a day during the healing process which will appear slightly shiny.
- Day 1-3 after Microblading the color will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Don’t worry! This is not the color that are going to stay.
- Day 5-9 the natural skin regeneration will make the brows peel and dead skin cells will exfoliate giving you the impression that the color has faded too much. Don’t worry! They are going to darken back up. This is absolutely normal and the color will come back. However, some spots may not and will create the brows to look uneven. This is normal and is why a touch-up appointment is recommended 4-10 weeks after initial appointment.
- You’ll need to avoid extreme water exposure, saunas, heavy sweating, hot steamy showers/jacuzzis/ yoga, sun tanning/sunbeds, picking, peeling or scratching the microbladed area for 14 days while brows heal.
- Microbladed eyebrows usually last 1 to 2 years for most people, before it needs a touch up. For permanent eyeliner, it lasts approximately 3 to 5 years or more.
Meet our Permanent Cosmetic Artist!
Cami is a licensed and certified Permanent Cosmetic Artist specializing in Eyebrow Microblading - one of the hottest beauty trends of the decade. Cami is trained under Daria Chupry and Hunington Permanent Makeup Academy. In addition, she holds multiple permanent makeup certifications from the top educators in Southern California. She is currently earning her certification with the world renowned Phi Academy and will soon be a certified Phi Artist. Cami is forever learning and expanding her knowledge in this fun and exciting career. Cami worked as a professional model for over 20 years which led to her extensive background and trained eye for beauty and fashion. She will ensure that your brows are nothing less than stunning!